The Stones Of Light Education Foundation has been facilitating the education of impoverished children and bringing educators together in Guatemala since April of 2011. As a result, the quality of life is improving for countless people in Guatemala. During the eight years Stones Of Light has been officially working in Guatemala we have:
- Created public awareness of the plight of children who are attending schools; Where the teachers pretend to teach, and the students pretend to learn.
- Become a voice for those who have no voice. This has been accomplished through participation at numerous trade shows and conventions.
- Delivered thousands of dollars to deserving students in Guatemala, in the form of scholarships.
- Developed constructive relationships with progressive educators and education development organizations in Guatemala and the U.S.
- Created an alliance between Snow College, the number one Junior College in the United States, and Colegio Mesoamericano, a top 6% education organization in Guatemala. As a result of this alliance Snow College has sent faculty members and students to work with teachers and students at Colegio Mesoamericano schools in Guatemala. Colegio Mesoamericano is sending students who have graduated from their school system in Guatemala to attend Snow College in the U.S.