Turning Darkness Into Light with Love
At Stones Of Light we are focused on providing opportunities for children who are living in extreme poverty to receive an education and light up their future!
Stones of Light Education Foundation is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Public Charity.
We have directed our efforts towards Guatemalan individuals and families who are living in extreme
poverty. These are people who are looking for a hand up in life, not a handout.
We provide children living in rural areas who would never have the opportunity otherwise to receive an education through a smartphone or tablet. This is done with the Edufuturo program through the Zunan platform. With nearly 80,000 pieces of education material, this program is state of the art.
$275 will provide a full education package to a child in need: Online education material, cellphone for access to the education platform, and a certified teacher for tutoring.
Provides a smart phone or tablet for a child to have access to the education platform for an entire year!
More about us:
The Stones Of Light Education Foundation has been facilitating the education of impoverished children and bringing educators together in Guatemala since April of 2011. As a result, the quality of life is improving for countless people in Guatemala.
During the eight years Stones Of Light has been officially working in Guatemala we have:
- Created public awareness of the plight of children who are attending schools; Where the teachers pretend to teach, and the students pretend to learn.
- Become a voice for those who have no voice. This has been accomplished through participation at numerous trade shows and conventions.
- Delivered thousands of dollars to deserving students in Guatemala, in the form of scholarships.
- Developed constructive relationships with progressive educators and education development organizations in Guatemala and the U.S.
- Created an alliance between Snow College, the number one Junior College in the United States, and Colegio Mesoamericano, a top 6% education organization in Guatemala. As a result of this alliance Snow College has sent faculty members and students to work with teachers and students at Colegio Mesoamericano schools in Guatemala. Colegio Mesoamericano is sending students who have graduated from their school system in Guatemala to attend Snow College in the U.S.
Today, Stones Of Light Education Foundation continues to expand its horizons. There are exciting new opportunities, in today’s global environment, to improve the lives of children who are living in extreme poverty through education. By implementing new technologies and teaching techniques and expanding the availability of life altering educational opportunities to children living in remote locations in impoverished areas of the Guatemala and the world, the future is filled with light and hope.